Resolution of the XXIV Congress of the OPPOSITION PLATFORM - FOR LIFE political party
On the start of the procedure of impeachment of the President of Ukraine V. Zelenskyy
for gross and systematic violations of the Constitution and legislation of Ukraine
We, the delegates of the XXIV Congress of the OPPOSITION PLATFORM - FOR LIFE political party, condemn the unconstitutional and illegal actions of the President of Ukraine V. Zelenskyy, who by his Decree No.43 / 2021 of February 2, 2021 imposed individual sanctions against the member of the Political Council of the OPPOSITION PLATFORM - FOR LIFE political party MP Taras Kozak and banned the operations of three leading independent Ukrainian TV stations – 112 Ukraine, NewsOne and ZIK. We consider this an attack on democracy, freedom of speech and an attempt to establish a dictatorship.
The Constitution of Ukraine (Article 34) guarantees every citizen the right to freedom of thought and speech, to the free expression of their views and beliefs. The Constitution of Ukraine (Article 62) explicitly prohibits the restriction of the rights and freedoms of citizens until their guilt is legally proven and established by a court decision. By signing this Decree, V. Zelenskyy grossly violated the Constitution and laws of Ukraine, the principles of democracy and the rule of law.
Zelenskyy took over the role of the court and went beyond his constitutional powers. This is not for the first time the head of state has broken the law. His conscious and systematic actions aimed at violating the rights of Ukrainian citizens, interfering in the activities of other branches of state power and the media, have all the signs of usurpation of power.
- Speaking on behalf of a leading Ukrainian political force that stands guard over Ukrainian democracy, the rights and freedoms of Ukrainian citizens;
- Sharing the outrage of the Ukrainian and international public over the lawlessness committed by the Ukrainian authorities under the leadership of V. Zelenskyy;
- Aware of the importance of protecting the Constitution and sustainable democratic development of the Ukrainian state from dictatorial encroachments by the authorities;
- Seeking to restore justice and ensure guarantees of freedom of speech;
- Seeking an end to the criminal actions of the President of Ukraine and his political team,
- The parliamentary faction of the OPPOSITION PLATFORM - FOR LIFE political party in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine to initiate the procedure of impeachment of V. Zelenskyy from the post of President of Ukraine.
- The governing bodies of the Party to coordinate the necessary political, legal and organizational resources to protect the rights, honor, dignity and business reputation of the member of the Political Council of the OPPOSITION PLATFORM - FOR LIFE political party MP Taras Kozak, as well as the rights of 112 Ukraine, NewsOne and ZIK TV stations.
- Regional party organizations to start collecting signatures in support of the impeachment of President V. Zelenskyy for violating the Constitution and laws of Ukraine, in particular, the illegal ban of operations of 112 Ukraine, NewsOne and ZIK TV stations.
- Local party organizations to provide clarification of the Party’s position on the impeachment of President V. Zelenskyy to Ukrainian society.
We defend democracy, freedom of speech, the rule of law and the rights of citizens.
Justice for us!